How to really Market Your Fan Page
Getting more Facebook Likes is a priority for any business that maintains a Facebook Page, which nowadays means just about everybody, but for most it seems like rocket science. While you can buy Facebook likes and this is a business strategy that can give your page a boost, it's ideal to be doing more than one thing at a time to try and grow your fanpage. To get more real Facebook Fans, you'll need to find your targeted audience, whether by promoting your Page to your current visitors, customers or clients, or by marketing it to new people who have never heard of you before.
Here are some of the most effective and easy Facebook Marketing techniques we’ve used, and that are proven to work.
1. Just Ask Your Current Visitors / Customers to Like your Page
- Websites. Put up a link to your Facebook Page, or add a Facebook Widget. This will make it easy for your current visitors to Like your Facebook page. Many web designers and web design templates commonly have Facebook sharing and like buttons somewhere near the upper right of the page or below your content.
- Physical Store or Office. If you have a Physical Store or Office, tell your customers and clients that you have a Fan Page, and how to get there. Put up a Custom Facebook Decal with both a URL and QR Code on your store window, door, near a register, or on your receptionist's desk. This will definitely get their attention and make it easy for them to Like your page right then and there.
- Business Cards. If you find yourself handing out Business Cards to clients, customers or peers, you may as well add your Facebook Page link on there as well, especially if your business is popular on Facebook and you have a very well developed page.
2. Advertise on Facebook, Officially.
- Incentives - People love incentives, whether it's a sale, a discount, free stuff or a contests. Offering these type of incentives can help increase the effectiveness of your Advertising Campaign and get you more likes.
- Effective Call-to-Action - is the key to get people to actually click your ad. Most Call to Actions use exclamation marks!, and occasional CAPS. Here are some examples: “Check it Out Now!”, “Get your Today!” or “Take Advantage HERE!” or “Enter Today!”. These
- Optimize. Optimize. Optimize. - When you start your Facebook Advertising campaign, you always have the option to setup multiple Ads. This is perfect, because it allows you to test out different Headlines, Ad Copy and Images to see what works and what doesn’t. Sometimes something as simple as a small word choice can get ads to be twice as effective, or more. This is vital when you have a small amount of clicks. If a particular Ad works well, try to improve it. Look at other techniques used by competitors or companies in similar industries. There’s always room for improvement.
3. Facebook Promoted Posts
4. Host a Facebook Contest
If you’re going to start a Facebook Contest, you must use a Third-Party App for creating and administering the contest. Facebook’s Guidelines (unfortunately) prohibit running a contest on your timeline, post or photo, as well as forcing users to Like or Share anything.
No sweat though. There are several paid, and free tools to help you create a Facebook Contest App in no time. Shortstack is one of the most popular tools with dozens cool contest designs which you can use for free if your Page has less than 2,000 Likes.
Any more Bright Facebook Marketing Ideas?